SQL Server 2012 Service Pack 1 Cumulative Update #8 is available!
The SQL Server team has released SQL Server 2012 SP1 Cumulative Update #8.
- KB Article: KB #2917531
- Build # is 11.0.3401
- Currently there are 32 public fixes (34 total); the most interesting to me are:
- KB #2892741 – FIX: Query that you run against a partitioned table returns incorrect results in SQL Server 2008, SQL Server 2008 R2 or SQL Server 2012
- KB #2888996 – FIX: Data purity corruption in sys.sysbinobjs table in master database when you log on to SQL Server 2008 R2 or SQL Server 2012 by using the SA account and then run DBCC CHECKDB
- KB #2901714 – FIX: Server crashes when you import a Windows Azure SQL database to a local SQL Server 2012 database
- KB #2918791 – FIX: The system function sys.fn_hadr_backup_is_preferred_replica does not work correctly after you have CU7 for SQL Server 2012 SP1 installed
- KB #2923460 – FIX: The query deadlocks when the ALLOW_SNAPSHOT_ISOLATION and READ_COMMITTED_SNAPSHOT are enabled in SQL Server 2012
Relevant for builds 11.0.3000 -> 11.0.3400. Do not attempt to install on SQL Server 2012 RTM (any build < 11.0.3000) or any other major version.
My problem has been fixed. We had the Failover Cluster Resources including SQL Server. Once we fixed this the failover and upgrade went as expected.
Just had an issue with installing this in an Availability Group cluster. Changed the Availabilty group to manual failover and patched the secondary node. It then needed a reboot. After checking the build after the reboot I tried to failover and it would not, leaving the Availability Group in limbo. Only managed to get it back again by rebooting the upgraded Secondary Replica. Tried to failover again and it could not. I seemed to notice a mention of some change to the failover cluster in the upgrade process but cannot find it yet. So now I have a Primary at build 3393 and a Secondary at build 3401 that I cannot failover. Lucky this was only a test server.
Wonder if anyone else has had difficulty with this CU?