SQL Server 2012 Service Pack 1 Cumulative Update #8 is available!
The SQL Server team has released SQL Server 2012 SP1 Cumulative Update #8.
- KB Article: KB #2917531
- Build # is 11.0.3401
- Currently there are 32 public fixes (34 total); the most interesting to me are:
- KB #2892741 – FIX: Query that you run against a partitioned table returns incorrect results in SQL Server 2008, SQL Server 2008 R2 or SQL Server 2012
- KB #2888996 – FIX: Data purity corruption in sys.sysbinobjs table in master database when you log on to SQL Server 2008 R2 or SQL Server 2012 by using the SA account and then run DBCC CHECKDB
- KB #2901714 – FIX: Server crashes when you import a Windows Azure SQL database to a local SQL Server 2012 database
- KB #2918791 – FIX: The system function sys.fn_hadr_backup_is_preferred_replica does not work correctly after you have CU7 for SQL Server 2012 SP1 installed
- KB #2923460 – FIX: The query deadlocks when the ALLOW_SNAPSHOT_ISOLATION and READ_COMMITTED_SNAPSHOT are enabled in SQL Server 2012
Relevant for builds 11.0.3000 -> 11.0.3400. Do not attempt to install on SQL Server 2012 RTM (any build < 11.0.3000) or any other major version.