April 7, 2009 | SQL Server

SQL Server 2008 Service Pack 1 is now available!

No, this is not a late April Fool's joke; SQL Server 2008 Service Pack 1 is finally gold.  The final release of SP1 is build 10.00.2531.00, and is available from the Microsoft Download Center:

Cumulative Updates 1, 2 and 3 are included in this service pack, as well as important fixes found during the CTP process.  As with the CTP, the most exciting feature here (IMHO, anyway) is the new slipstream functionality.

• Manoj - April 8, 2009, 9:41 AM

Thank you Aaron for this important news. I am going to read release notes, readme etc about it But was just wondering if I should try this sp1 installation on top of CU4 in our test environment.
      Thanks again.
      Manoj

• AaronBertrand - April 8, 2009, 3:52 PM

If you installed CU4 for a specific fix (and not just to have the latest CU), I wouldn't.  Installing SP1 will likely undo that fix you needed.

• Bilgehan Gurunlu - April 8, 2009, 6:05 PM

• cinahcaM madA - April 8, 2009, 6:13 PM

So…. What's the over/under on a retraction, GDR, or other SNAFU?

• Manoj - May 28, 2009, 11:13 AM

I was wondering if you/somebody happen to know where does MS store uninstall files for SQL Server 2008 sp1. I looked into "C:\WINDOWS" folder of our test environment server (Win 2003) but couldn't find it.
      Thanks again for your time & help.
      Manoj

• Christian T - January 14, 2018, 2:07 AM

woahhh….finally, Microsoft is releasing the service pack for SQL Server 2008. I have been waiting for quite sometime and I love to know the fixes and patches it provides. Currently, I host my SQL 2008 database with asphostcentral.com and it looks good. The performance is good and features are a lot better than SQL 2005.
      What would be the next SQL Server version? Something like SQL Server "Azure"? I truly love to know as I love to try new technologies.
      šŸ™‚